Clinical Pharmacists are specialists in medicines and how they work.
A Clinical Pharmacist can:
- Answer any concerns or queries about medications
- Conduct face to face and telephone medication reviews
- Help you manage you long term condition by providing expert advice and making sure your medications are working well for you
- Review your medication. If you are taking medicines over a long term, you will need a medication review at least once a year
- Help to find a solution if you are experiencing side effects from any medication you are taking
- Help you to understand your medications after a stay in hospital to ensure you are getting the maximum benefit from them
- Prescribe medications for common illnesses such as hay fever, diarrhoea, eye infections etc. You will always be referred to a Doctor if there is a need
- Provide expert advice on medications
Please contact our Reception team to book an appointment or to speak to the Clinical Pharmacist.
Please note - Seeing the Clinical Pharmacist does not replace an appointment with a Doctor.
You will still be able to see a GP if you need to.